Saturday, January 14, 2006

LSD - 25KM

Was running late this morning and got there just after 5am but only Tesso and iliketoast were there - small crowd today :)

We waited a few more minutes and at 5:09 called it in - no one else coming so off we went.
Heading up along the river, over the goodwill bridge and along to Kangaroo Point. Then over the Storey Bridge to New Farm Park. We stopped there for 5-6min whilst Tesso kept going and did a lap of the park. iliketoast and I just stretched and prayed that Tesso would do an 8min km or something like that *Grins*

However all too soon she was back and we joined up with her for the next (final) lap of the park and headed home via botanical gardens.

The gardens are approx 5.5km from the Regatta and we had covered just over 20km by this time. We left Tesso to do some 1.5km laps (she had to run 30km this morning) whilst we persisted with getting home as fast/quick as possible.
iliketoast had upped the ante and I was keeping up with him not sure if he was doing it on purpose. We did 4:47 then 4:42pace to the 1.5km mark. ENOUGH!! my legs were not ready for this. I pulled back and finished the last 1.5km doing roughly 5:20pace. I felt great and could have continued on or even run faster but I knew I had to keep something in the tank for tomorrows run.

The greatest achievement this morning - no breaky b4 the run and no gu. I had a few sips of powerade but mostly it was water. Amazed still that I felt so good considering the last time I tried to run without fuel. Things must be improving!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Clairie, we may not have had the quantity this morn, but we had the quality :-)

I think we should incorporate laps of the Gardens etc into our long runs more often, it seems an easy way to notch up the kms. As you said that 1.5k felt like 800 meters.

Its great you felt so good, especially after the big week you've had and running today just on water. Obviously the body is adapting to the longer stuff with ease. The 'dark side' is just around the corner :-)

Toasty said...

stay away from the 'dark side' ... thanks for the run I enjoyed it very much and good luck on the beach tomorrow

Shane said...

Great run, is doesn't seem like you have lost any fitness from the christmas break. That pace is good, enjoy tomorrows run

Ewen said...

You're running well Clairie. Yes, I agree - 32km runs are scary. Good luck.