Was most disappointed to not go to Pat Carrolls session this morning (Can't believe I missed out on the muffin day there today!!!!) but my main focus until April is Canberra and today was the first of many strength building sessions on Mount Cootha.
There is a very steep trail (very very steep) that goes from near Slaughter falls upwards. This morning the group ran 500m up then down, then repeated. The A team did a 700m course.
I found going up very hard on the lungs and also the shoes were having trouble with grips. Coming down was definitely the hardest - though easy on the lungs. I felt very unstable and my knees didn't like it at all.
The first rep I did in 5mins, the second I did in 4:35 so I was very happy with that.
With a 10min warm up and a 15min cooldown I was ready to call it a day.
I had a protein drink - this is a big week for me with lots of new stuff - and have put on the skins for the day so fingers crossed I will be okay for the rest of the week.
Weekly program this week and next is as follows:
MONDAY - GYM
TUESDAY - PATS SPEED (3K TT)
WEDNESDAY - 12KM (7km fast, 5km slow)
THURSDAY - Hill reps am Massage pm
FRIDAY - 8km (negative split the return 4km)
SATURDAY - 24km
SUNDAY - 15km race (will take it easy) or 1hr Beach Run
Next week......
MONDAY - GYM - upper body
TUESDAY - PATS SPEED
WEDNESDAY - 12-15KM
THURSDAY - Hill reps
FRIDAY - 8km (negative split the return 4km)
SATURDAY - 32km
SUNDAY - Rest Day
7 comments:
I get tired just reading your schedule Clarie.
Those hills sound like good training for a 2007 Six Foot Track assault (might have to plant a seed in Tesso's pink ear too) ;-)
Well done on a tough workout this morning Clairie - I almost felt guilty cruising around the road.
That's a great improvement on the second lap. Guess now you have a benchmark. Sub 4.00s next time - well soon!
And just quietly you can plant as many seeds in my ear as you like re 6ft Track but nothing will grow ;-)
Those hills will definately help your stregnth!! Well done. You are right about the humidity... zaps your energy!!!
Backing you up on the humidity - I was so drenched, I thought my camelbak had leaked.
That's a lot of speed work and I guess you will be under 3:30 or much quicker. Are you planning on putting in more longer easy runs?
You keep this schedule up and I'll be running behind you ringing the cowbell! Keep it up Clairie.
egad - those kms are starting to build up to scary levels Clairie.
Incidentally, there's actually a few of us (flake and myself included) who are going to descend on 6FT for their first time in 2007 ;)
Post a Comment