I put the heading as sprint because that is how it felt for sure.
This run is meant to be a differential run. I went out in 20:36 and came home in 18:24....that is just over 30sec per km faster on the way home of this 8km run.
I woke up and nearly didn't go. I was tired and today was a day off work. But after I spent last night going through my marathon program and realising I ONLY had 5-6 weeks of training left before tapering meant that every run counts. I have a race this weekend (so no long run) which *GASP* means only 4-5 more 3hr or 30km+ runs to do. I don't think I am going to be ready in time.....how did the weeks go by so fast. I recall thinking i have plenty of time to train and build up gradually. Oh dear.
Anyhow so after all that contemplating I certainly wasn't going to sleep in regardless of how little sleep I got. I arrived at the 6am run at 5.30 and promptly fell asleep at the table outside the regatta. Told you I was tired.
When everyone arrived and we started the run I felt shocking and even had a stitch. It soon went away and I was running 5:05min km's which I was happy with. Got to the 4km mark and felt really great. My tiredness was gone. I felt strong and awake and ready to take on the world. I told myself to push home with no stops (had none on the way out either so I was very dehydrated when I finished). I kept getting faster and faster and again the very last km was my fastest in just under 4:30pace.
Chris and I are still talking about what pace to do my 15km race on Sunday.
After today I will rest tomorrow, then Sunday do 2km warm up then 15km race followed by 6-8km cooldown. That can be my long run for the week :)
Whatever pace I end up running my primary goal is to run successively faster loops (it is a 5km loop course that we do x3 times).
6 comments:
I lknow what you mean when you say how quickly the weeks are going, Clairie!! Sounded even less when I read 5-6 week in your post...that might make 2 of us not quite ready!
LOL it always seems so far away and then all of a sudden it is upon you - I'm having similar anxieties.
Good on you for getting up on your day off ;-)
It might getting closer and closer but I have no doubt you'll be ready Clairie.
5-6 weeks .... I had to recalculate my program and we have a couple more weeks ... I'm finding your schedule quite interesting as there is more speed work than I'm used to and it has got me curious.
Nice going on the sub 4:30's
Clairie when you put it like that there doesn't seem to be much time left. However I wouldn't worry too much you are running great now, im sure your program will work for you.
See you at West End 2morrow :)
Oh my God Clairie.... you just gave me a heat attack!! that can't be right- Canberra is ages away! Oh Shit your right... gulp- that makes 3!
You will be Sooooo fine for April! I said to Tess this morning how well you are running and what a great marathon debut you will have!
Post a Comment