Arrived in time for the 8km this morning at Regatta with Tesso.
It was very humid today and though overcast, the heat was making me get overly hot and I was dehydrating. I did the first 4km (to the turnaround) in 20:40 so we would have been running at 5:10 pace going out. After going a bit further to avoid the puddles so I could turn I then hit the watch at the 4km, 3km, 2km and 1km points on the way back. Wow must have picked up the pace on the way home. In order the km splits went
4:44,
5:09 (included a drink stop and I forgot to stop watch);
5:00
4:36 (it was a strong finish but didn't feel THAT fast).
I had a good long stretch afterwards but it was ages before I stopped sweating. Even after a shower my face was still red and I was still sticky YUK! But a nice icy cold pineapple and passionfruit frappe made the world of difference!!!! Sitting having my breakfast with other runners whilst we groaned about the weather I felt very lucky to start the day with all my like-minded friends.
5 comments:
That sound like a perfect way to start the day!! The humidity zaps your energy thats for sure... great run!
Gosh, I thought we were way slower than 5:10 pace going out that's why I didn't bother timing it.
What a fast last km there Clairie, you must've been dreaming about that beautiful icy cold fruit frappe - how good are they!
Dang, now I'll be thinking about one for all of our long run tomorrow :-)
Hello Clairie.
hello you :)
Back from pomgolia and catching up on blogs! The heat is disgusting and all the more revolting for having come from 0 degrees! LOL, I'm never happy, am I? LOL
Hope to see you this weekend at one run or another!
Sounding like the marathon preparation is going great. Keep it up! :)
Post a Comment