Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's my blog and I'll advertise if I want to!!!!

After doing my hills this morning I was a bit paranoid and had the skins on ALL DAY.

I also had the foresight to make a massage appointment with Jodi Willett (yes the very one who won Noosa Half last year as well as took the title of BRRC Champion 2005).

Jodi had me in tears (and um I think I chewed through the massage table) but really worked on my legs and back as requested. I think I suprised myself with how much it really hurt, though I knew I was tight. I have a high pain threshold so I can only shudder to think I would have been on the verge of an injury if I had not had all the kinks worked out of me today.

Tonight I feel like a new woman.

I can't stress enough how much I think having a massage helps me recover, avoid injury and assist with injuries (Jodi helped get rid on my ITB last year).

So whilst it is hard to recommend to your best friends to go and be pummelled and made to cry and feel the pain....I am telling you all. Make the effor and spend the money.

ps. if anyone want's Jodi's details let me know.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I know exactly what you mean!! I had a massage last night and was sooo suprised how tight I was and the spots I was not aware of- shins and soles of feet especially!! I also felt so much better when I left!! I was so tight I have booked in again for 2 weeks and then hopefully once a month will do! I agree it really helps to avoid big problems :-)

RunDave said...

Won't your husband have something to say about you getting a new woman ;b

I don't really get into massages that much, but I do love trigger point releases on my hamstings. The intense pain, then the feeling of relief! Might go and do one now.