Today was supposed to be a differential run...well I guess it was in the end.
My legs felt great all day yesterday but this morning were very tight and sore.
I told everyone I was just running slowly and making this mornings 8km a recovery run.
Did first 4km in 21:00 spot on. Then went home in 20:00. I felt terrible on the way out and was the very last person. I got a few stragglers in the 3rd km but it had taken me that long to get them :(
On the way home I started to loosen up and felt like increasing the pace. It was very hard not too and I kept reminding myself of my long run tomorrow and all my other committments. I can't afford an injury now!!!
So was very happy with this mornings run and finally got the chance to use my ipod (had no running buddies to keep me company today). Am getting bored with the music so will have to make a change this weekend.
WTF I just had to walk down the office stairs and I could barely do it. Everyone is looking at me with that "so that's what running does to you" look. I am so much sorer today than yesterday. This must be DOMS to the max. Will need to remember to get up every 30mins to keep the legs moving.
6 comments:
Clairie, not only are you sore from your Wed run and Thursdays hills, but if you haven't had a massage recently, then you will also have DOMS from the rub.
I get all my rubs on Friday, the day before my Saturday rest day so I have at least 36 hours to recover from Bruno's assault!!
If you are unable to schedule rubs for prior to a rest day, then scheduling them the day before a recovery run is the next best thing.
Cheers mate
Matt
Ouch, hate the stairs.
In his comment Matty didn't mention the TT Tuesday. So its been three very tough days. I reckon you have run extrememly well today considering that, especially at the end when you felt like you could've gone faster.
At least tomorrow is our long SLOW run :-)
Hope you don't misread slow as Tempo after your 5:45/4:45 interpretation.
Just reading the week that you had is making me tired. Very tough, hopefully you feel better tomorrow and loosen up during your slow run.
That massage sounds brutal, I've never had a professional massage before and after reading the pain you went through along with matty's suggestion of having a rest day after it, I don't think I want one. :)
Thanks for you good advice on my blog, Clairie, re isolated running course. Can certainly sympathise with you having to use stairs after such a full week of training...and that massage...I wouldn't like it at all! Can't help thinking how far you've come since we last met up in Canberra!
Post a Comment