Tuesday, November 02, 2004

3KM Time Trial

It was time to prove myself this morning - according to my Coach Pat Carroll (www.patcarroll.com.au) . Time to stand up and take it on the chin and show what I've been working for...well obviously I've been working towards running last in a race before finally collapsing at the feet of all those now-refreshed runners who were waiting for me to finish so they could leave and not be tooo late for work..Sorry Guys.
It just did not happen for me today. 3km - 00:13:36, I was aiming to best 00:13:20 but went out too hard in the first km, then cruised for the second one (this is all according to the watch as my efforts felt I should have been at the front of the pack!) before giving it all to get home.
I knew when I was doing the 3-4km warmup that I did not feel right, but as a runner you just can't keep making excuses. You have to accept the day and accept the run for whatever conditions and just do your best. I did - and now I have a time that will be good to blow to bits next month.......who knows maybe a cyclone will hit on that day and cause me to run slower again as I run into a headwind?? That's the beauty of running....no two are the same.
Run on :)

1 comment:

Martin said...

keep it going Clairie, Pat knows his stuff, just keep up the hard work and red wine, and the results will come, good to see you're blogging!