I really wish I could film myself running. I am most keen to know what I look like pounding away on the pavement out there....on second thoughts it could easily fall into the wrong hands and be published as the way 'not to run'.
Regardless, this Saturday I really felt like I was in good form, I felt like a RUNNER! I headed out for a longish run (long for me but not for those marathoners out there!) with a belly full of water and half a Snickers Marathon bar - yes I tried it again. Much better BEFORE the run!
At the 2km mark I was being tailed by a couple of kids in a car and got very frightened, I had just launched on a 1km stretch of empty land in a deserted industrial estate and had no where to go. I pretended to push a button on my watch and then began a sprint to cover the 1km as fast as I could, I am sure it looked planned. I looked back and saw the car had turned into an empty carpark where I had been passing and was doing burnouts - they weren't after me after all!
After the sprint I slowed down again and enjoyed the regular route back down to the River and along Millionaires Row (dreaming about the lotto) before covering a few big hills and heading home. I am not sure if it was the early sprinting or the overcast weather but I felt great the whole way. I did not want to go home and felt confident I could keep going at that pace for at least another 5km. However, home beckoned and I did not want to encourage any injury so I finished in 01:36:00 for just over 16kms. I hope this pace is doable for Kurrawa!
No comments:
Post a Comment