Monday, November 22, 2004

Rest Day

I can barely move from all the activity yesterday...and it was supposed to be a rest day. The only thing I rested was my eyes - no working on my PC all day!
After all my time consuming running I promised to take the kids to the beach for the day. We boggie boarded for a couple of hours until I could barely stand - let alone head back out to the waves, though Matty (12yrs) was keen to keep going. Hubby had been dumped big time so was eager to get back to sand!
There we continued to keep the kids active and played footy and soccer for the next 70mins. After the girls won again we called it a day and headed for the nearest fish and chip shop, which coincidently the eldest daughter works at so we got a VERY good feed!!!!
After the long drive home and a hot shower I had a sneaky suspicion of the aches and pains I was going to feel today from using muscles that have been dormant all winter. I feel like I need another rest day today......but will head home for a 40min run tonight with hubby.
Spent 2 hrs at the hospital today getting an xray on the foot for suspect stress fracture. Don't think it will turn out to be serious....but am avoiding all speedwork this week.

No comments: