It was raining when I got out of bed but it did not deter me from my twice weekly speed session with Pat Carroll and the group. I love running with them and seeing everyone improve or take it easy after a big race. Today was no different but I did realise one thing - I don't like anyone lapping me!!!!!
We did a 4km warmup, some strides, followed by 15mins of sprints (had pegged out a square that is 120m each side, sprint up one leg, jog the other, sprint, jog etc). A great session and for the first sprint leg I even managed to stay with the lead group...was falling behind on the first jog leg and by the time I had got around the whole square (2mins) I was officially running with the back of the pack. At the 12th minute I was lapped by the lead pack and felt humiliated. I know they are 38min 10km runners and elite athletes but still! Shouldn't the guys let the ladies finish first?
In the end I was happy to finish without walking and without falling to THAT POSITION - the last one. The warm down home was quicker that I wanted with a full agenda for the day starting with a work breakfast in the city so I had 30min to shower, dress and drive to the city (which I did in 10mins spending the next 20 finding the best park!!). My whole life feels like one big Speed Session!
No comments:
Post a Comment