With only a few hours sleep last night I was lacking motivation to get out of bed and head down to the Gold Coast for a long run with Loffy. Once on the road the drive went fairly quickly and I started to wake up. At 7am we met in the carpark and started our run. We agreed to go for one hour then turn around and come home - trying to follow the Kurrawa to Point Danger route as far as we could go. We got to 15th Avenue before turning around for home. Slighly over 1hour. I loved the run and was keeping a good steady pace, Loffy however was suffering from the heat and had to stop to walk and take a shower at each site along the way to cool down. I made him drink one of my powerades I was carrying in the 'Rambo' belt but it did not help much. I ended up running forward then turning around and running back to Loffy as I refused to leave him.
We made it home in 2hrs 13mins. The longest time ever on my feet but certainly a bit of very slow pace whilst waiting for Loffy to catch up. I don't think he will be doing a hard session the day before a long run again...
Glad I did the run this morning now and I don't feel too badly. Had a nap this afternoon when I got home and about to head off for party at Tesso's.....never been to a party of runners before. Should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment