Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Need 4 Speed

After changing my schedule around so my rest day for the week was inbetween Tuesday and Thursdays speed session I had high hopes for a big display of immense speed. Today was the day I was going to float past Pat and feel great at the end of it... I passed him in the carpark on the way home - does that count?
4km warm up; 8 run throughs to get the legs pumped then followed by 8x 30sec sprints with 30sec job recovery. To add element of suprise some 30sec efforts were dragged out to 1min efforts. Pat wouldn't let us stop till he raised his arm. Yes I did wonder if he was ticklish but I could not get close enough to find out..
When we couldn't run any further Pat made us have a resting recovery for 30sec then did another 4x30sec efforts followed by 4 x 30sec standing recoveries. That was better...but I did hope a mercy bus would come past to take me home. When none showed I turned around and shuffled my way back the 4km to the starting point.
I rewarded myself with a snickers Marathon bar and feel unwell now. Not the best breakfast! Need to keep trying these things out - Next goal is Kurrawa to Point Danger 50Km (am going to do it with Net Man as a relay so 25km each).
One thing about a speed session - lets you know you are alive and pumping...
PUMP ON!

No comments: