Finally my family and friends have been proven correct....I am certifiable.
I did the one thing my mother talks about in whispers and is always warning all 5 daughters about - I met up with a man I MET ON THE NET!
My husband didn't even seem to mind as I got up at 5am, got dressed and left to drive to Kurrawa Surf Lifesaving Club.
Once there I stood around and waited for the bright blue car to drive into sight. At last my 'Net Man' had arrived...together with wife and neice. There is something to be said for safety in numbers after all.
Loffy and I had met on the Coolrunning website www.coolrunning.com.au and agreed to meet up for a Saturday long run. It was fun and great to be able to run with someone who shares the same interests - and runs with you not ahead of you.
A great 15km along mostly flat coast - following some of the Gold Coast Marathon route, then up 100 steps (or was it 1000??) to a beautiful view at the top of the ocean and all the keen surfers waiting to catch their next wave...
Waiting for my next trip to the Coast so I can confirm the families perception of me and again, met up with Loffy and Co and try to add some more 'strangers' to the group.
No comments:
Post a Comment