Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Go the Drugs!

I never realised that my foot had been a constant source of ache....until I took a course of NSAID's and found that I could sleep through the night and have no pain whatsoever during the day! Go those anti-inflammatories!!!!!
I suspect that means the diagnosis for my foot will not be a stress fracture but something more bearable like osteoarthritis. Thanks Goodness.

Went out for a solid 40min run last night after warming up with hubby for 10mins. Cooled down afterwards in the freezing pool for a few laps. Looking forward to another good 90min run tonight with Tesso - on grass!

Will be at speed session tomorrow morning with Pat's Group but will take is easy for another day or two just to be sure.

One thing I have learnt...I don't think my life can survive without running in some form or other. I've been addicted for over 8 years so I can't stop now :)

2 comments:

Eagle said...

Intersting read - say hello to Tesso from me - tell her I will run with Johnny Dark - no doubt she has read the SMC reports on Coolrunning an knows he had a half PB on Sunday at 93.06. Regards. Ray James (Sydney) aka Eagle

Eagle said...

Should have said will run with Johnny Dark at the Striders Marathon Group - bythe way she maybe interested to know I ran the Thredbo Marathon on Sunday with 3.19 on a very hilly course. Ray