Friday, November 05, 2004

Regatta Runners - 8Km

No longer will the Regatta be deemed the best pub for a Friday night...Now I can honestly say it is the best place for Breaky on a Friday morning.
Of course breakfast always tastes better after a good steady run.
I turned up as a newbie hoping to join another Brisbane running group and was warmly initiated into the Regatta Runners. About 20-25 runners turned up and we headed towards the city on the river walk/cycle path. Running alongside the water helps with the heat but I am sure they will be fishing me out of the river in another couple of months. Darwin was not this hot!
Tesso The Runner was proving that she loves those speed sessions by running to the front of the group, taking photos, then falling back, then running to the front again for more photos....yes she has a new digital camera!
00:36:34 for a gps measured 7.9KM course. I am starting to feel more confident about that 25Km run in December!
Did I mention the fruit toast was wonderfully thick and full of fruit........and yummmmmmmmmmy????? See you next Friday Regatta!

No comments: