Thursday, November 25, 2004

Slow Speed Session

Turned up for speed session with Pat this morning but allayed his concerns and told him I was only there for a jog.
When asked about my xray results I said I had not opened them as it said 'Only To Be Opened By Referring Doctor' so was just going to give them to The Footman tomorrow. However when they all laughed and Pat threatened to have us all run past the car to check them out I decided yes I would check. Had a quick look and am very happy but will wait until the Doctor interprets it all and advises me further.
As for my run, we headed out for 3km warm up. Few strides then right into it - 4 x 1km reps with 90sec standing recovery. I just did the reps at 5:10 pace on the grass alongside where everyone was running. The most amazing thing about today - watching Pat run.
As I was not really pushing myself and was running alongside and not behind everyone, I made sure to watch their form and speed. For the first 4km (the fast guys did 5 x 1Km) Pat had been running at the front of the group encouraging others and getting them to Dig Deep, then on the last 1km he went so hard. Did 3:08 I think. Afterwards he told me that was his pace for when he was highly competitive in the marathon. Imagine keeping that pace for 42.2km!! I couldn't do it for 1km!!! He looked like he was flying and he wasn't too spent at the end either. He mentioned he was about to take up Kayaking so maybe he will build up his arms and that will slow him down enough so I can get past......dream on.

No comments: