Thursday, November 18, 2004

Love that Heat!

Turned up at 5.40am and sat around for 20mins waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Pat was first at 5.50am and he saw me and just laughed. There was no way I was going to be late today!
Headed out for a warmup run. Kristy took the lead and Tess, Suzanne and I tucked in behind her. Cracked a reasonable pace going out there too! Over the bridge and back around into the gardens, about 4km. One lap then back to the start of the gardens where we did 8x strides to loosen the legs. Then raced out along the path for 2.5mins turned and ran back BEYOND the starting place - running for another 2.5mins (negative split). Had a 20sec standing recovery (madly trying to relace my shoe in that time!) and headed off again for another 5min split. Got further and went faster on this one. Not sure why. Had Tess in sight and was just coming up to her but had to turn around. Sprinted home so no one could fly past me...got nipped with 2 sec to go!
Then the hills - 8x repeats to the top of the bridge and jog down. Last one we went all the way over and back to our starting place. I went hard knowing it was almost over. Ran with the mens lead pack till the top of the hill but then they picked up pace whilst I slowed to permit my body to breathe again...
It was hot but I love that sweat. Makes you know you've done a good workout.

No comments: