Word of warning - don't do long runs with a faster runner than you!
I survived and kept pace but am EXHAUSTED. My body does not like to do 18km at 5Km pace!!!
Met up with Tesso at 5am. Headed off along the river to the Botanical Gardens and did 10.5Km in 54mins finishing at the Regatta Pub. Had a quick guzzle of water and went back out with the 6am Regatta Running Club for a quickish 8 km (always seems easier in a group).
Finished up a few mins short of 01:40:00. I had aimed to do the same course in 01:45:00 so was sad to finish a few minutes early. I really need to spend the time on my feet. Might have to do another long session on Sunday or mid week next week. Pat Carroll has put next weeks long run at 2Hrs in prep for Kurrawa and I need to build up to that.
Had the pancakes today with berry compote! Went down a treat with the extra large skinny latte!
1 comment:
Hey Clairie, I thought you were setting the pace this morning! How good was it to be on the road by 5am. Might have to make a habit of it.
Sleep when ya dead I reckon!
Post a Comment