Saturday, November 20, 2004

Long long long run

Did it. At last! For the first time ever I have completed a run longer than 2 hrs (without walking). I am so happy - and tired and achy. Not the best route to be running around the city on the concrete and bitumen but running with a group of other runners certainly makes up for the tedious pavement pounding! Gave the new fuel belt a try out but felt a bit silly running around the city looking like RAMBO!
Not sure how far we went but I would hazard a guess at 22km. The guys did an extra lap of New Farm park as that route is a premapped 24km so I must be close.
Headed home for 2 hrs in the garden and tonight can barely life the glass to my mouth! Will certainly be sleeping soundly tonight.
Can't wait for Kurrawa now. I am really starting to get excited.

No comments: