..and you thought public speaking was hard!
Well try to imagine turning up in the dark of night on a cold morning to meet up with 10 others you have never met for a run that you don't even know if you are capable of completing! Yep that's what I did and that's what I would recommend to anyone interested in running. Join a Club!
Meeting others with the same interests is fantastic - you get to swap stories and hear tips and techniques - everyone has something to share.
You will usually find that you fit in somewhere in the group - up there with the elite athletes or at the back with the injured or beginner runners or anywhere in between. Either way continuing to attend runs with the same group allows you to measure your improvement against other runners.
It is also very motivating. Look at me - back of the packer who loves the guarantee that whenever I finish a run there will be plenty of runners waiting to cheer me home (okay so maybe it's so they know I got back safely and can now all go home.....but it all helps!)
No comments:
Post a Comment