Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday Regatta Run

Steady 7.9km in 36.40mins. Very happy with the run but bit lonely this morning. Tesso on night shift and all the other runners too fast or too slow.
Kept within 500m of the lead pack the whole way so I was going well. Very hot out there this morning and was almost tempted to turn when they went past on way home but kept going the next few hundred and turned at the proper spot - needed to make sure I did the distance to work out the pace!!
My foot is definitely playing up today so off to see Steve 'The Footman' at lunch. Will be doing Kurrawa regardless. Stubborn person I am! Just might be a bit slower than usual.
Keen to head out to do some trail running over the next few weeks. Must be cooler and easier on the legs than this concrete and bitumen running.
Finished up, showered and stayed for breaky with the Regatta crew. If ever in Brissy, you must try the museli at the Regatta Pub. It is fantastic! Still moaning about it. Might break in tonight and still their weeks supply.....

No comments: